Best in Show
Best in Show is a collection of photographs of well-groomed and award-winning dogs by New York City–based photographer Dolly Faibyshev.
The images from the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show and beyond focus on the unique—and often humorous—relationship between each dog and their handler.
Dolly Faibyshev focuses on kitsch, irony, and the larger than life human and canine characters that make up Best in Show. The result is a colorful, vibrant, campy, and satirical take on this specific slice of Americana.
• The colorful, closely cropped juxtapositions of each coiffed canine contestant and their dedicated human are both humorous and charming.
• Sure to delight fans of all breeds of dogs
• A universal and ideal book for all canine lovers with a sense of humor
Best in Show captures a specific subculture of dog devotees primarily from the infamous Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show at Madison Square Garden in New York.
• A perfect book for anyone who is completely and totally obsessed with dogs and the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show
• Photographers and contemporary art lovers will also love this celebration of Dolly Faibyshev's work
• Great for fans of The Dogist: Photographic Encounters with 1,000 Dogs by Elias Weiss Friedman, Dogs by Lewis Blackwell and Tim Flach, and Underwater Dogs by Seth Casteel